1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw it last week with my son. We were saying the same thing. We couldn't keep track of which pilot was which. At first, I thought they were German pilots. Then at one point, the one guy was on the boat at night, then it switched back to day, and the one pilot was still on his mission. I kinda get, that they were trying to tell three different stories at once (Army guy, pilot, civilian boat family/friend). But it was quite disjointed.

Plus, I thought it could have used a little backstory on each of them. Nothing major. Just show the pilot talking to his commanders as he takes off; show the family sitting at the table and deciding to go get the boat themselves, and maybe the soldier being told to head to Dunkirk.

Dyno likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course. Once that was on the record, Obama should have blown the lid off.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Always someone else's fault. Guess Obama never had enough flexibility.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Too many white guys.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't disagree... but my guess is that there wasn't quite enough to drop the hammer on Carter Page or the FBI would have made a case.

I'd agree that once McConnell and Ryan were on record as cockblocking the investigation Obama should have disemboweled them politically. He's just no good at playing hardball.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's Christopher Nolan. Simply telling the story would kill him, he's gotta play twist the timestreams.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Keep playing the hits

8. Starman

He was afraid the GOP Screech Machine would accuse him of being an arrogant black man. Didn't want that.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Stoney, post: 4266870, member: 8632"

I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country. [/QUOTE]

If he's claiming he's the world's greatest person, no. But is he claiming that he's the world's greatest person who also doesn't want to let people into the country? Still a no, but a smaller group.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The same people ripping Obama for inaction on this board today would've flat out said he was lying if he'd done anything last October. We all know it. It was his political calculation that if he'd gone public without Republican buy-in, he'd make things worse for Clinton, not better. Don't know if that's right, but it's certainly a reasonable guess.

11. Starman

1. He should have fired Comey in July.

2. After Comey's statement in October, he should have fired him and directed DOJ to prosecute.

3. He should have announced Trump had been compromised by the Russians and was doing their bidding.

4. He should have announced the Republicans had obstructed the investigations and thus could be considered accomplices/co-conspirators.

What the GOP Screech Machine would say to all that? Who fuckin cares?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.