1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Do you feel good right now?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama thought Hillary would win by an uncomfortably tight but still decisive margin, so it wasn't really necessary for him to take any action.

He thought if he did, the RW screech machine would accuse him of nefarious actions. They would accuse him of lying!

He thought if he did and Hillary won, the RWSM would shriek on into the night that he had unfairly used the powers of his office to interfere with the election to preserve his legacy.

And that would cast a shadow on his legacy.

All of this was certainly true.

So he did nothing, and allowed the presidency to be hijacked by a fascist pig. How's that for the legacy?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Seven months into the Trump administration, the world’s diplomatic community has gone from throwing its hands in the air to now leaning back in their chairs and laughing, albeit morosely, at Trump’s cringe-worthy display of diplomacy during the infancy of his presidency.

Diplomats laughing at Trump over leaked Mexico transcript

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You must be drunk. No way he's a Trump voter.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Little tired but otherwise pretty good.

6. BadgerBeer

I agree with everything you wrote. But if Obama did something do you think it would have made a difference? I think the people that hate Hillary (a few we know well) and the dummy bloc would dig in even more.

7. BadgerBeer

I certainly am drunk. A beer drunk but still pretty, pretty, pretty drunk.

8. Starman

It would have galvanized the Dem base on the basis of, "get off your ass and vote, we have an actual fascist takeover going on here."

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sometimes you do the right thing because it is right, even if it isn't popular.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Obama cost HRC the election? IMHO, no.

Those proposed actions would have only more emboldened the Trump voters. They voted for a misogynist, racist, elitist, liar who also treats disabled disdainfully. Oh yeah, he was also in collusion with Russia. The Trump supporters were willing to overlook so much that anything Obama did would not have changed their minds.

The Trump supporters are now seeing what they empowered, a clown in the circles of the World leaders, and a bald-face liar. IMHO nothing justifies that.

I told my wife that I had faith in our democratic system and that Trump would either go down because he was so inept (no reelection) or he did something so bad that impeachment was a possibility but that would take years. Little did I know that the Trump team was so inept that their collusion would be so easily discovered and their lies so easily revealed. Indictments are coming so much faster than I thought possible.

When Mueller was appointed Special Counsel, I at least knew that he would not be a stooge for the GOP. I had tremendous faith in him because I heard great things about him when he was the US Attorney for the Northern District of California.

11. Starman

The TrumpFucks were lost causes. Nothing would embolden them beyond their baseline level of spit-splattering rage.

What Obama needed to do was to fire up his own base to go out and vote for HRC, despite their reservations.

Because the alternative was a fascist.

The margin should never have been close enough for jiggered voting machines to flip.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.