1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

At the local level? Yes. Democrats get pummeled locally. This nation is as red as it's ever been locally.

To win on the ground, Democrats will have to adjust and compromise on social dogma. It's my belief that many don't want to; that to do so would make them feel less cool, less enlightened, less "right" than before. So they'll be self-righteous losers hoping that once baby boomers die off, the bitter, on-the-nose, boring-as-a-dog's-ass way progressives conduct themselves will be popular enough to win locally.

I kind of doubt it.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Voting against your own self interests is a favorite American pastime. Vote for a woman? Derp. No way

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Or did a technically advanced foreign entity gain access to local voter rolls and wipe the votes of registered Democrats in key precincts?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Amazing how Fucko flipped a very small but very consistent number of votes in the final hours to get just exactly the EV swing he needed.
    Almost like somebody sat down on a computer somewhere and designed a simulation program to describe the vote shifts he needed, and then flipped a switch to make it happen.

Yep, that's what it seems like.

Oh, let's also remember Fucko was not steaming to the finish line on a big surge of momentum; to the contrary, he was stumbling to the finish. Many projections showed him heading for a resounding, nearly historic, beating.

The only "midnight surprise" was Comey's statement in the final days that he found no evidence for a criminal case against HRC. That certainly shouldn't havre produced a last second stampede for Fucko.

So in other words, the whole election flipped, in the final couple of hours, against all predictions, against all reason, by just precisely the margin to throw the WH to Fucko. Almost like someone scripted it for a teevee show.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

True. Clinton won't be running in 2020 though.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'll never believe Trump won legitimately.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah. We'll see.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alma, get off this hobby horse. The Democrats will not, cannot and should not abandon equal rights for all Americans as a cause no matter how much white people resent it. You cannot abandon your base in an attempt to appeal to the other party's base. Just doesn't work. Democrats do compromise all across the land in local races. Their candidates in Wyoming and Missouri are not the same as their candidates here in Massachusetts or in LA. I will point out that the most allegedly niche concern of the party, transgender rights, got a Democrat elected Governor in North Carolina, hardly Berkeley in its overall political orientation.

I Should Coco and TowelWaver like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno if "ashamed" is the right word.

They didn't want to be shamed and mocked.

Which they would have been.

Which they are.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Democrats win when they turn out the base. Chasing the nearly mythical middle doesn't help them.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

and which they deserve to be

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump's 45.6 percent was perfectly in line with the polls leading into the final days of the election.

The polls were not particularly wrong. The assumptions made around them were wrong. "If Clinton is up nationally, we can ignore traditional blue leaners in the upper Midwest (outside of some small state polls) and focus on places like Florida."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.