1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I dunno...

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I may or may not have typed something to this effect in the box and then thought better of it before I hit 'Post Reply' a few times because I really appreciate @Alma 's point of view. Brings thoughts from a place I'd never consider otherwise and Alma is way, way, way smarter and disciplined at sticking to a message and being consistent and principled with it than I'll ever be. And I'm sure my tics and hobby horses are really easy for everyone else on here to spot and laugh at.

But there is a weird fixation with "coolness" that is fascinating.

It's like the Theory of Everything, but everything turns out to involve the dynamics of a junior high dance.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

@Alma annoys the shit out me with his sanctimony, but posts like this are pretty fucking shitty.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Is there a way to like and dislike the same post? I'm thinking this might come in handy soon.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think I was in high school during a dormant period for "hipsters.' Lots of cool kids, however (who fortunately did not torment me).

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you find out, let me know. I'm not entirely happy with my post either, but it is such a weird dynamic. It's like he is chronically ashamed to be associated with the people he's obstensibly on the same side with.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Zuck's in. Bezos on the clock.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

For the record, I wasn't referring to your post, or anyone else's specifically, dixiehack.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can't link as it's behind paywall on this computer, but check out Alexandra Petri's WaPo column on Zuck. Cold and hilarious.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Well, I did say I would be in for an inanimate carbon rod over Donald Trump.

The rod's name is Mark Zuckerberg.

Zuck's other platforms will be that air is good to breathe and we should provide water to people through the utilization of faucets and other faucet-like dispensers.

(Oh and by the way, a minor thing: all your information, likes, loves, activities, location and financial information...and your photos, videos, and memories are communal property to be utilized by companies freely and without recompense or complaint. That part isn't as important, though.)

ZUCK 2020!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

One for every occasion:

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I just realized his presidency is like if Statler and Waldorf quite suddenly had to host "The Muppet Show."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.