1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Great guns ... I see what you did there ... ;)

My point, though, is comments about abortion and "deplorables" did more to motivate Trump voters than anything Donald could say himself.

And don't sell this area short politically ... there's quite a few of us granola people and "libtards" sprinkled in among the born-again Christian militia. We're just waiting for more left-wing Californians to move up here to dilute the right-wingers who fled SoCal. :D

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Link?

HanSenSE, Machine Head and Dyno like this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I initially had Alma pegged for an elitist, but that is not such a bad thing in my book. In fact I prefer my elitists actually to be sneering ones.
    I also had him pegged for a holy roller. Whatever the case I enjoy his posts, as well.
    The Democrats will not win another election until they abandon the social agenda.
    As such, the tip of the D leadership does not want Pumpkinhead impeached because it renders them obsolete.
    Nancy Pelosi really needs to take a hike.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jobs and the economy.
    You gotta keep that out front.

And quit ripping the other candidate.
    Stick with what you're gonna do for us.
    Clinton lost her focus, and she wonders why she lost?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

From the report, the real graf worth reading:

Meanwhile, Morgan found certain other Democrats became even more loyal to the party — white collar professionals and other higher-paid workers. With their relative affluence and stability, these Democrats were less affected by the recession and more inclined to support what have become what have become bread and butter issues for the Democratic Party – social matters like climate change and gay marriage.

Now, gay marriage is a settled issue, as it should be, and will fade into the background. I accept that man has contributed to climate change - I also accept that there is climate change - but, talk about a massive issue that's hard to fit in to a busy life.

Health care? Everybody gets that. The Democrats can capture that ground. But, to do it, they're going to have to bench the social agenda legalism and play nice with some people who may vote for having to see an ultrasound, or against the broadest possible interpretation of bathroom etiquette for a middle schooler.

I'm not sure Democrats, on any kind of scale, are willing to do that.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about Pelosi. She's sick. Possibly dying. Might be MS.

JC likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So Herr Trump's main bank is Deutsche Bank. What, wasn't Amerikanische Bank good enough?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The political hot takes about how a party must change everything after one loss are worse than the sports ones.

Obama pushed identity politics and won handily, leaving office incredibly popular. Clinton had virtually the same platform, it was a packaging issue.

Trump's middle America white people appeal netted him less than 46% of the vote. Chasing yokel flyovers is pointless *and* a losing strategy. You don't need to flip some farmer in the middle of Wisconsin who thinks white men are the real underprivileged class because they only make up 80% of government now. You need to turn out Madison and Milwaukee.

People who think Democrats need to dump social issues to win really just want Democrats to dump social issues.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have a mama that age, I don't want any of these fucksticks to die. Just go away and enjoy your golden years ... somewhere else.
    This is not the Roman Senate - we don't need these people entrenched for life.
    Wisdom is knowing when to leave the party.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Quit bitching about racism!!"

-- The Party of Racists

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ok, let's forget about social issues. How about this:

The Party of Billionaires
    Is Going to Fuck Everybody In The Ass.

Except The Billionaires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.