1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This one's for you @Neutral Corner:

Neutral Corner and QYFW like this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Why is governing 10 states with 30 million people winning more than governing 1 state with 40 million?

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

When are you guys ever going to learn this wasn't about racism, Russians, sexism, homophobia, religion, etc.?

This was about changing politics and all the corrupt bureaucratic bullshit that has dragged down our country and stagnated our governmental process, making people feel helpless and hopeless. This was about sending a message that the little guy was not going to play politics any longer. This was about putting America first over all other priorities. If Democrats ever fully comprehend that message, they'll understand how to win the next election.

4. RickStain

I look forward to the day politicians I prefer can 100% control the message and never, ever let issues they find uncomfortable be brought up. But that day is not coming.

5. RickStain

This was about white Americans feeling hopeless and helpless because being white and American used to make them global royalty and now it just makes them pretty well off.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm liking any fucking post that mentions "Eres Tu."

HanSenSE, Hermes, BTExpress and 2 others like this.
  8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Both parties, the way the organizations are run, have major issues. That we got the candidates we did shows that. The Dems can't win elections and the GOP, in many high offices, is failing at governing. I'm not talking about ideology, these are just poorly run organizations.

Whether the electoral college system needs adjustment is a conversation worth having, but the Democrats knew what game they were playing. Clinton's campaign was like a basketball coach saying hey, we don't need to bother shooting free throws. We can just make a few half-court shots.

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Hillary had my vote so long as anyone else but Trump got the Republican nomination. Trump represented change. Hillary and every other candidate represented the same-old, same-old politics.

My generation was tired of hearing the same promises and seeing no real results. So we did something about it. Race, sex and none of that other stuff were ever part of the equation.

10. RickStain

You do not speak for your generation. You speak for you.

Speaking for me, your generation is a swarm of locusts determined to destroy everything in your selfishness and you can all eat a bag of dicks.

SnarkShark and melock like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Why indeed

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The problem is that considering who the Republican candidate turned out to be, "that other stuff" is like the entire equation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.