1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wonder how long the Manhattan Project would have been secret with Trump in charge.

A week? Two at most?

Er, ah, well . . . Paaaaaaaaaalin! That's why we didn't vote for him!

(IMO, McCain doesn't pick up a single state outside of what he won if nobody outside of Alaska ever heard of Palin). She cost McCain a little respect, but not a single electoral vote.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You see, leakers are the real problem. Unless they leak to FNC.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

She may not have cost him a vote in the electoral college, but she certainly cost him some swing votes. She was the main reason I did not vote for McCain and her nomination was the first campaign decision of his that made me seriously question his fitness for the office.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

OTOH, the Trump Hotel Oak Ridge would have been the classiest, most beautiful resort in Anderson County, at least until Axis saboteurs burned it down.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

TigerVols likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Palin was a ridiculously transparent attempt by the GOP to pander for some of the supposedly embittered feminists who had been hoping Hillary would be the great leap forward for women, the glass ceiling shatterer, etc, and in their bitter vengeful snit (you know how those wimmen are) after she lost out to Obama, they would vote for anyone with a vajayjay.

Of course Palin's buy-in to the worst of the GOPs violent anti feminist policies didn't help that idea much.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The exact moment I dropped my support of him, eventually voting for Obama and starting the chain reaction that led me to becoming a progressive after having voted twice for George W. Bush (and Dole in 96).

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Horseshit of the highest order.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Your not understanding it isn't exactly dispositive ... or surprising.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.