1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I read that as meaning Kim isn't going to attack, so we can ignore his bluster.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The IC speaks with a monolithic hive mind now?

Don't assume just because you have sacrificed all independent thought and credibility for the purpose of letting the laundry move your jaws, that every group in the world has.

3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

If the world ends, I want to see CNN's planned airing of "Nearer My God to Thee" first. But I'll settle for this:

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, it is how he expresses himself in a public forum which is a scandal. If you're going to tell the PRNK we'll nuke their country into a glass parking lot, you have a diplomat deliver the message personally in private. What you say in public is that this is completely unacceptable and that the U.S. stands with its allies, friends and rivals in collectively calling for NK to ramp it down, stat.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I didn't say that ... but I ain't running inventory on my prepper supplies, either.

6. YankeeFan

So, by what process would Trump have them reach a conclusion he sought?

It was he Defense Intelligence Agency that made the assessment, right? Has Trump somehow politicized the DIA?

7. YankeeFan

Sorry. That's how I read Dick's post. I thought your response indicated you thought he was referring to Trump.

8. YankeeFan

Why is that better?

Seriously?

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Are you fucking serious? What planet are these people from?

10. YankeeFan

OK. OK. That claim goes a little too far.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Cause it's predictable. It's the ritual. It's comforting in a (very weird sort of) way.

Go watch, in the first season of The West Wing, the "Proportional Response" episode. Trump's (sort of) Bartlet here.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Because if they don't comply and you don't nuke em you don't look like a jackass in front of the whole world. Right now, Chinese ambassadors are playing the "hold me back" guy for Trump.
    I realize people on this board don't give a fig about diplomacy, but it's all about allowing your opponent to "save face" while you achieve your aims without bloodshed. There is also the Chinese question. NoKorea has always been more about China than it has been about NK. You think China wants a US relief and recovery mission to NoKorea after the bomb drops? Nope.

If I were planning the military op I'd airdrop about 30 C-5s full of food, grain and seed throughout the region - while the military was freaking out and the villages running for food have a Seal Team go in there and eliminate the nukes.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.