1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lord Almighty, you can't be serious with this.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You're not necessarily wrong but you triggered some serious libtard angst with that one.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trust me when I tell you that I will read Dick's article in the Atlantic before I watch a West Wing episode.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's kind of a "Chesterton's Fence" quality to the whole diplomat-speak bit. It seems to serve no purpose -- Why don't they simply speak frankly? -- but I suspect we do away with it at our peril.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

North Korea has been given numerous chances to save face. But, like the short guy in a bar fight, hiding behind the bug guy, while saying, "let me at him," they won't quit.

They've taken a dangerous step forward. It does not look like they have any interest in saving face at this point.

Presidents going back 20 years knew this day might come. They hoped time, and maybe regime change would prevent it.

But, we're here, and Trump is acting no differently than any President would have to act. It's been bi-partisan policy that we would not accept North Korea as a nuclear power.

6. YankeeFan

But I am. He was completely calm, and rational. Nothing he said wasn't already policy.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I understand the emotion behind this, but, no, this would not be a good thing for the country (or world). If this President doesn't serve out the full four years of his term (and I really don't think he will), whatever happens must be done in adherence with the Constitution or we face everyone's worst fears - civil war, the fall of the nation, etc.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it isn't time to do something - but I don't think total annihilation is required. The Kim "dynasty" seems to be following the example of the Irsays and the Dolans by getting a little dumber with each generation.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I literally said the bolded portion of this post to my wife word for word.

The President's response makes me ... uneasy.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I only rate his ors at about a 6.

11. YankeeFan

Boy, oh boy.

The guy could bat .500 and all we'll hear about is the nuclear war.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there's a response to this particular situation that would be soothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.