1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Upon further review, I think Trump just said the first thing that popped into his head as usual and that it has no relationship to actual US policy regarding a first strike. As evidence, I cite the fact Guam was threatened and as yet there has been no response. The danger is that one time North Korea will figure the threat is real this time and the use it or lose it school of nuclear doctrine will come into play.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It's like he still thinks he's performing for a reality show. He has no understanding of the significance of his every word as President.

He just placed us in "put up or shut up" territory every time North Korea says or does anything perceived as threatening. If he puts up, god only knows how many are fucked, because we're talking nuclear war. And if he doesn't, he makes us look like all-bluster weaklings afraid to back up our words. Grown up leaders don't bind themselves to that position unless fully prepared to back it up.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Conservative hero Seb Gorka appears to have forgotten about OKC. No surprise.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Tillerson (remember him?) says no military action imminent. Always good to speak with one voice.
    PS: North Korea has been threatening Guam for over a decade. It's their go-to bluster move.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump to make his triumphant return to NYC!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SNL skit idea: sitting around a small table in a tiny cafe are Trump, Duterte, and Kim Jong-un and ...

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LMAO

#4thgradegenius

10. Michael_ Gee

Is it forecast to rain those days?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Reading that article took longer than the Korean War. Good food for thought, thanks for posting. I like the preventive approach. We saw what cutting off the head does in Iraq and Syria. But president dingleberry needs to stop swinging his two inch penis in public

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This popped up on my Facebook feed. I'm simultaneously annoyed by clickbait headlines wherein John Oliver or Ann Coulter CRUSHKILLS or DEATHSLAYS a talking point and dismissive of people who wring their hands about The Discourse, so this headline hit me on multiple levels. Which is probably the exact reaction Milo's people were looking for.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.