1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have no idea where that quote is from, but in no way, shape, or form does it state that "preemption" is "ou[r] policy."

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They have the year he was born, but not his name? LOL.

French police hunting a driver who rammed a car into a group of soldiers in Paris early Wednesday morning have shot, wounded and arrested a man on a highway north of the city.

A Lille policeman was injured by stray gunfire during the arrest, a spokeswoman for the Paris prosecutor told CNN.

The man, who was unarmed and hit with five bullets while attempting to evade police on the A16 motorway, is in a serious condition, according to CNN affiliate BFMTV.

The suspect, born in 1980, reportedly drove his vehicle into a police car before being arrested, according to BFMTV.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Here's where the quote is from. It's in regards to preemptively killing n American citizen, which is a step beyond what we're talking about in regards to North Korea.

Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

Preemption has unquestionably been our policy since 9/11. Obama made numerous preemptive strikes.

The stakes here might be greater, and confidence in the current president may not be high among some, but this is not a new policy.

Mutually assured destruction went out the window after 9/11 for those with death wishes, messiah complexes, who wished to bring about Armageddon, and other maniacs.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't think our borders are airtight. I do think there's not a fucking chance that North Fucking Korea could get anything past 'em.

7. Dick Whitman

"Legally available option" does not equal "policy."

Again: Trump's comment indicated that he will bring forth "fire and fury" in response to future bluster from North Korea. Not an imminent threat. Bluster.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  8. doctorquant

OK, but "legally available option" does equal "not against policy."

9. Dick Whitman

Not necessarily.

Spanking my children is a legally available option to me. It is, however, against Whitman family policy.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it absolutely makes sense that some information might have been released, but not the suspect's name. Careful there, YF. Your ignorance is showing again.

Maybe you should go back to supporting everything President Trump does or says, no matter what. That seems like a full-time job.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. doctorquant

What about Mrs. Whitman spanking you? :p

You're probably right re: my erring in interpreting "legally available" as "not nonconforming" (sheesh with the negatives here!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.