1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Started before those movies. Can remember kids whose parents supported Carter saying Reagan would start a nuclear war, was in the midst of the Cold War also.

2. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

To say the least. They showed "Threads" to us in 6th grade social studies, and I still get the occasional nightmare from it 30 years later. Without question the most terrifying and bleak movie I've ever seen (or will see).

lakefront likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/this-is-why-european-diplomats-think-donald-trump-is?utm_term=.vdlQQ469Z1#.kop00OvMJA

I believe the second point should be mentioned every bleepin time he does it.

“He has no historical view. He is only dealing with these issues now, and seems to think the world started when he took office,” a diplomat told BuzzFeed News

They also believe Trump’s foreign policy is chiefly driven by an obsession with unravelling Barack Obama’s policies. “It’s his only real position,” one European diplomat said. “He will ask: ‘Did Obama approve this?’ And if the answer is affirmative, he will say: ‘We don’t.’ He won’t even want to listen to the arguments or have a debate. He is obsessed with Obama.”

“The White House lacks crucial expertise,” one said. “The State Department and others are isolated. You have the generals, the National Security Council, and then a void. There aren’t enough diplomats, experts etc. in the White House.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're half right, and half a traitor. I'll leave it up to you to decide which half! ;)

dixiehack and BTExpress like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

But enough about @YankeeFan .

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what we are saying. All of it during that specific period of time. Threads was in 84. Obviously the movies did not create it but they added to the whole subject at the time. I voted for Reagan twice and remember telling someone not to worry about him starting a (conventional) war. And as you mentioned the duck and cover period of the 50s,60s.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Looks like he may be busting right through the Taft Tonnage Barrier. Those are some major league man-yabbos.

Taft was more or less estimated at 330.

Lardass Loadbag Fatfuck Fucko has to be zooming right up there (if not past it already). Those extra scoops of ice cream pile up fast.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think this might be because he simply does not understand the issues well enough to "listen to the arguments or have a debate." But he does understand he's supposed to be the anti-Obama guy. It's a go to crutch to fall back on when confused--just ask what Obama did, and do the opposite.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  9. Starman

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Re: foreign policy, that at leasts means doing something.

11. Starman

Uh huh yeah and how many times in Obungo's tenure did we see the direct threat of nuclear war? Fucko got us there in six months flat.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes. The world was all rainbows and puppy dogs until January. You are a fool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.