1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The DDR Alumni Association says hello.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You live in a world distantly removed from reality.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, he's a child.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think it's a return to the old world. He's an 18th century figure plopped into the modern world.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Some new poll like this seems to come out every couple weeks, aiming to shock our conscience. I recall one in which a startling number of self-identified Republicans disagreed with the Emancipation Proclamation.

I have a couple of thoughts on them. First, more than ever it seems (anecdotally and by observation), Americans identify first and foremost not as doctors, lawyers, journalists, fathers, mothers, fishermen, bikers, golfers, music fans, or even Americans, but as conservatives and liberals.

Second, and related to that, when someone is asked a question like the one in the linked poll, they aren't hearing, "Would you support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it?" What they are hearing is: "Are you a fucking limp-wristed liberal pussy? Well, are you?"

HanSenSE, dixiehack and Dyno like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The poll was designed to get the result it did because no other result would get clicks. Before this question, they asked a lot of voter fraud questions to prime the pump. Very bad, almost specious methodology.

HanSenSE, Hermes and Dick Whitman like this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Stop stealing Trump's intellectual property.

ECONOMIST: Priming the pump?

TRUMP: Yeah, have you heard it?

ECONOMIST: Yes.

TRUMP: Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven't heard it. I mean, I just...I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It's what you have to do.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.