1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yep. Maybe this is all just about manufacturing a fake victory.

There really were no new provocations by NK here. The stuff about the miniaturized nuke, as I understand, is something we already knew (and simply having a technology is not, in itself, a provocation). The stuff about attacking Guam was entirely in response to Trump's threats, and the same sort of bluster we've heard from them for decades now.

Seems Trump's put a sizable chunk of the world on pins and needles simply because he felt like creating some drama to pat himself on the back for later.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I live in the county next to his. About six weeks ago I got a postcard from the elections board stating that they understood my address had changed (it hadn't, been here four years and voted in every election during that time) and I had to go online and update my information or else I would be listed as an inactive voter.

Of note, our Secretary of State has some, shall we say, old-fashioned views on the franchise.

Alabama's Republican Secretary Of State Calls Voting A 'Privilege' | HuffPost

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Plus, knocking Mueller/Russia off the front pages for a few cycles. Textbook diversion. Wagging The Dog.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Then you are taking a page from Newt Gingrich's playbook, refusing to allow the facts to get in the way of your incorrect beliefs.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Still haven't read the Bowden story, huh?

This is like Old_Tony with "Making a Murderer."

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Methinks Trump watched Full Metal Jacket during his golfing rain delay the other day.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Damn. I knew you were going to go there. I just didn't think you'd be so vicous about it.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why do you feel the need to insert these sort of lines into everything you post? They don't strengthen your point, they don't add substantive info, they are not clever, they only make you look like a dick.

I don't know where you were on the day God handed out social skills, but you just do not seem to get how to converse with people in a way that does not cause them to dislike you.

JC likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

In that case, I hope Mike Pence has an extra mop.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I hope Rick Perry knows the difference between a steer and a...

12. dixiehack

I just can get over this Trump quote about the Manafort raid.

This is the guy who wanted cops to let suspects bash their head on the door frame of cruisers just the other day, and now we're worried that Mrs. Manafort might have to come to the door in her fuzzy slippers?

melock, Deskgrunt50, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.