1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Anybody see the reports about Manafort's daughter's phone being hacked?

If true, that'll be a fun Thanksgiving table to be at.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He was joking. He wasn't talking about all suspects.

He was basically complementing cops on how they're able to restrain themselves sometimes, given the circumstances.

And when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon — you just see them thrown in, rough — I said, please don’t be too nice. Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over? Like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody — don’t hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay?

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/his-skills-are-few-negotiation-experts-slam-trump-as-ill-suited-for-complex-policy-decisions/ and the picture of him for the story pretty much , for me, is totally trump.

“His skills are few,” professor John Oesch, an associate at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto who focuses on negotiation and decision making, told the Huffington Post.

also on bannon...http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/peo...-after-white-house-colleagues-called-him-out/
    “If they ever want to let him go they can see how dangerous he is from the outside,” one aide said.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Link?

dixiehack likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

YF has morphed into Old Tony, OT with more tact.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

Now, we’re getting them out anyway, but we’d like to get them out a lot faster. And when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon — you just see them thrown in, rough — I said, please don’t be too nice. (Laughter.) Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over? Like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody — don’t hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay? (Laughter and applause.)

What Trump said about suspects in police custody, in context

7. poindexter

Completely disagree. Its the same laughter that happens when my weird old uncle makes slightly uncomfortable comments about the 15-25 year old female family members.

HanSenSE and BadgerBeer like this.
  8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Does that video feature a chainsaw solo? Because if it doesn't, I refuse to watch it.

Hermes likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Did you listen to it?

One thing Trump is good at is reading his audience. It was a speech to a particular audience. He made them laugh. They got the joke.

10. poindexter

[​IMG]

melock and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I wonder what kind of jokes he tells when he's with his white nationalist friends. Since he knows his audience and all.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You believe things that are not true.

Example of Republican votes being suppressed by law?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.