1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Back when America was truly great, we knew what to do with Nazis.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Jesus. You just can't go long without revealing how awful a person you are.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The threat of nuclear war increases tourism?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not saying Kim is rational, but if in theory he were - he should tell the world, I don't want to use these nukes, our guidance systems are shit and we have no idea where they will go once we launch them, but Trump is making me look bad in front of my people. Make him apologize.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Great Fish Called Wanda scene aside, history suggests the opposite of this, as @BTExpress well addressed earlier:
    To Kim's mind, he likely thinks the most rational move is to convey the strongest impression of being a legit nuclear threat possible, because historically leaders who pose a legit nuclear threat are the only ones the United States won't mess with.

Irrationality, on the other hand, would be for us to think he'll use them on us first and thus needs to be "preempted", as there's absolutely no rational incentive for him to ever do that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"So, honey, what do you say we go to Guam for vacation? The radiation levels are down, I hear."

melock likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

Trump has an itchy trigger finger. I blame his small hands.

8. HanSenSE

Is not going to the last couple of rounds of the PGA a Title IX violation? [/crossthread]

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

What's sad is you can't admit you were wrong and quietly move on.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Your original "poll tax" response hit Old Tony levels on the disingenuousness scale.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    JC likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Actually, what's sad is just about everything you've defended on this thread. You really need to examine the "no moral leg to stand on" theory.

Or maybe you've just been kidding about all this. There's a lot of that going around.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Go tourism!

2017-08-12 08.22.20.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.