1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Again, this line of thought made a lot more sense before an embarrassingly unqualified half-wit was elected president by appealing directly to these people. Kinda calls into question the whole "it's only .ooooooo1 percent" position.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    TowelWaver and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The #BlackLivesMovement had folks so intimidated, that just saying "all lives matter" was unacceptable.

It was heresy on the left to criticize #BLM, or the anti-Semitism of the Women's March organizers.

No one on the right is intimidated by these khaki wearing, tiki torch carrying losers. They're being universally mocked and denounced by the right.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This is key. That this is the OVERWWHELMING reaction no matter one's side of the aisle is a very good thing.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What pct. of Trump voters do you think are white nationalists? Based on your research.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You embarrass yourself every time you equate Bannon, Gorka or Miller with Nazis, or Trump with Hitler.

If you want to fight true racism and anti-Semitism, you'll have plenty of allies on the right.

If you want to try and brand all of us as racists and anti-Semites, you will alienate natural allies, and re-elect Trump.

QYFW likes this.
  6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The tiki torches kill me. I wonder if they're the ones that keep mosquitos away? Can't have a successful protest if you're all bitten up.

SpeedTchr and HanSenSE like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You are hurtling toward making the Starman-Abbot duo a three-man tag team. The Loony Lefty Freebirds.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Whites who happen to also be nationalists? A lot.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I always pictured Old Tony being older than this.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I don't know. But I don't think Trump could've been elected president if the percentage of Americans sympathetic to white nationalist views was nearly as low as you've suggested.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

what pct of white nationalist voted for Trump?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Number?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.