1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are you trying to tell me that Black separatists are unwelcome within the Black Lives Matter movement?

Is there some instance where this was communicated?

I know that a rainbow flag with a Star of David is unwelcome at the Dyke March. I've never heard #BLM leaders make it clear that they do not welcome Black separatists.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump sounds presidential here!

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Their opponents:

[​IMG]

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

OK, I gotta know ... what was this trio called? The Dixie Dumbfucks?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I hope they do it. This would free up democrats to form a centrist party. African Americans are the inverse of conservative on economics, yet they align decently on social issues. They are lukewarm on abortion, which is a white female issue. Pro public prayer. They are skeptical of legal immigration which they see as a jobs issue and increasingly as competition for elected offices.

A moderate and balanced approach to economics, progressive taxation, single payer health care, infrastructure investment presented in a less threatening and angry voice. Progressive libertarian policy on gays, marriage. And marijuana. Pro enviorment with an emphasis on developing clean industries. Stopping subsidies to legacy industries and more favorable tax treatment of large employers for manufacturing and assembly in the USA. Let the federal government, through single payer health insurance pick up a larger share of the costs of benefits. Allow people to invest in Social Security for higher guaranteed rates of return. This would provide competition to Wall Street, which makes a fortune 'managing retirement plans' even where rates of return are stagnant.

Cull the lunatic left and right from the present parties and hopefully there's a reasonable middle 65%

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They were a wrestling threesome from the 1980s actually known as the Fabulous Freebirds, who were from Georgia. Hence, my response to Q's Loony Lefty Freebirds. His post set this up beautifully.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Chuckling ... thanks.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. In Cville gatherings, everybody on the right is a racist. All of them. In your BLM example, only the black separatist elements are motivated by racial animus.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Would have been even better if it had been the mid-90s tag team with the best name in indy wrestling history, the Tennessee Violence Authority.

UPChip likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

he is.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Meanwhile TrumpTV is digging into the story that the counter protesters are 'professionals' and 'bused' into Va to stir up trouble and violence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.