1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

GBAG.

2. Riptide

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just as I said:

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You're right. I made an incorrect assumption that he ID'd the source.

5. Riptide

You're just mad because the goat won't return your calls. Sad!

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Of course not, they arrested Wopat for coke a couple of days ago. /crossthread

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Legal question for anybody who would know: Do today's events make it harder for Spencer and his ilk to secure public-spaces accommodations for future planned events? We Americans don't have the right to assemble; we have the right peaceably to assemble. And these people are not capable of that. This is no longer a matter of theoretical debate; it has been proven.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Are those crossed rolling pins on the shield?

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well he certainly is who we thought he was.

I think maybe I should've added the internet to my list on that "things I changed my mind about" thread. The online world has made it too damn easy for these dickheads to find each other and rapidly form groups like "Vanguard America."

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Discussions and threads around here have addressed "things you've changed your mind about."

I've got mine. I really, truly believed old-school racism was generational. That it would die out as the older generation died off.

Fuck me. I was so wrong. These are young people doing this. Yeah, the percentage isn't huge (the same as Muslim terrorism, BTW), but it's vocal, violent and not going away.

This shit is just never going to stop. And Trump should show the testicular fortitude to denounce this and say DON'T SUPPORT ME.

He had his chance. Easiest thing in the world to do.

But he didn't. There's no defense for Trump on any level. You're with Trump? You're with white supremacists, bigotry, hatred and everthing that is anti-American.

Period. Full stop.

Inky_Wretch, Hermes, HanSenSE and 4 others like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have taken him five seconds to answer the shouted question by saying, "No, I don't want their support. I repudiate it." He could have said that and done the mic-drop and continue walking off the stage.
    He didn't.
    And his people cheered him. That's the part he'll remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.