1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yes, they've always been there. But it seems like it had moved more underground and was more fractured in the past few decades than in the first decades of my life. Yes, this is America, but I don't think it's correct to say they haven't been emboldened by Trump's 15 or so months of dog-whistle campaigning, his appointmenting so many people clearly picked to gut departments, and his ongoing campaign-style presidency that is an extension of his highly publicized 2015 and 2016 conceits.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The veneration of the Confederacy is one the oddest things about American culture.

I've wondered what foreigners visiting our southern states must think of that: "...so these guys committed treason ...for the purpose of trying to maintain the evil institution of slavery ...and you build statues to honor them because ....wait, why again?"

Is there any other country that treats those who led armed insurrections against them as honored heroes?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The statue outside the Parliament building in London is of Oliver Cromwell, who dissolved a Parliament.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The fact that anybody pays any attention to what daddy's little Fuck toy thinks about this or anything else in a way is a victory for him.

Who fucking cares what this bimbo bitch thinks about anything. She'ps not qualified to do anything but climb the stripper pole.

When her pig father is dragged out of the White House by the heels she can go to PMITA prison with the rest of them.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think you should ignore these protests if they draw a crowd, but for fuck's sake, you don't need to promote it.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Here's some more info on Fields' baclground. Apparently he was raised in Kentucky (and had just recently moved to Ohio) where his former HS teacher recalled this of him:

"He was very infatuated with the Nazis, with Adolf Hitler. He also had a huge military history, especially with German military history and World War II. But, he was pretty infatuated with that stuff.

"In his freshman year, he had an issue with that that was raised, and from then on we knew that he had those issues. I developed a good rapport with him and used that rapport to constantly try to steer him away from those beliefs to show clear examples -- why that thinking is wrong, why their beliefs were evil, you know, things like that," Weimer said.

He said those views, combined with Fields' history of being prescribed antipsychotic medication, may have been a "perfect storm."

He also was rejected by the Army because of mental health issues.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

SEC values.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From the little bit I know about Aggies, I think they're going to get a way different response to their rally than they anticipated.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The same people who revel in being on the losing side then adopt Nazism, losers themselves They now are enamoured with the failing Russian state and Putin. And they blame reverse racism, affirmative action and illegal aliens who are uneducated, illiterate and attracted to manual labor as reasons for their own failures. And for the most part, these are European immigrants who have been in North America since the 19th century or earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.