1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not a very vigorous last 24 hours for you @YankeeFan , how do you think your boy handled this?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I agree, she should be criticized for what she factually is not just derogatory female terms. She's an employer of slave labor, a liar, a thief, a cheat, she's a charlatan and intellectually shallow usurper of democracy

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The couple folks who have already been identified already regret it.

These folks have monstrous views -- and , in a few cases are too fucking stupid to realize that their "I'm celebrating European culture, just like others celebrate their own culture" take on it is racism 101, and how the actual Nazis begin their indoctrination.

But, they should not have been met with violence. It's the wrong move.

Let them march. Expose them for who they are.

150-200 idiots, from around the country, marching in khakis and carrying tiki torches, should be met with scorn, and ridicule.

Big Circus likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, I've been a little busy.

On this particular day, I would have preferred a full throated denunciation of the white supremacist views, and the violence they lead to.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Instead, you got "well, many sides to the issue, but also the issue the white supremacists were advocating is worth my approval."

The "alt-right" is Nazis. Bannon is self-proclaimed alt-right. Your president hired Bannon to a key White House position.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They're doubling down on this. The stance of the White House is "the real problem is not Nazis, but that Nazis and anti-Nazis can't get along." On the day the Nazi killed a peaceful young woman in a terrorist attack.

Many Republicans had the right reaction yesterday. It was a day where I saw Ted Cruz get it right.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuck off. The pampered bitch is emblematic of many of the repugnant features of this junta.

Dumpf's obsession with her would be skeevy and weird even if they were unrelated. They're not, which moves it into the territory of the perverted and pathetic.

The fact he is the chosen child of the Jeezus People makes it absolutely sick. Any "evangelical" that supports Fucko needs to have his sexual perversion shoved straight in their face in terms graphic enough to curl their hair.

I've been screaming about it for years, and guess what, I was right all along and I'm right now.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We are edging ever closer to the moment where the light bulb goes off over the collective head of Congressional Republicans and they realize "You know, almost all of us got elected before Trump came along. All he's done since being sworn in is hurt us. Who needs him? Mike Pence is one of us."

Sea Bass and HanSenSE like this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I tend to agree.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm sure that light bulb moment has already gone off for many Congressional Republicans, but the issue is how do they do it without wrecking their own party? Removing a constitutionally-elected president by non electoral means ain't exactly an easy thing to do, you know.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wasn't Obama's consistent response to Islamic terrorism to condemn "all" extremism?

I know that's a bit of "whataboutism" on my part - Trump absolutely should have specifically called out the alt-right, full stop. But I guess I think there is some surface hypocrisy, at least, in the avalanche of criticism of Trump's public comments.

(The nuanced distinction is that Obama was being careful not to sweep the vast majority of Muslims into the same category, concentrating on the extremism instead. There is no analogous silent majority of peaceful, moderate white nationalists. They are all abhorrent.)

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's been done in my lifetime. Six months of vigorous Congressional investigations plus Robert Mueller could do it before the 2018 elections. The very trauma of it would make President Pence a popular party leader -- at first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.