1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Or some republican politicians at a softball practice.

(It's like these things didn't already happen as far as some of them are concerned.)

2. YankeeFan

Now do Islam.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't see how more specificity would be helpful. I think I was perfectly clear. If you want to play at how many grains of rice makes a heap, I don't feel the need to participate.

Nazism is a particular standout in any list because their ends are hypothetical. We saw it happen.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Advocating against government-provided health insurance is hate speech, because it's advocating for the deaths of others. My professor told me so.

5. YankeeFan

It's not a joke to suggest it would go there. It would.

6. RickStain

The fact that you think Islam and Nazism are comparable is disgusting.

Nazism:Christianity::Jihadism:Islam

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The radical sects of Islam are absolutely comparable to Nazis.

8. YankeeFan

Nah. Read what's in the Koran, and preached at Mosques in the U.S. every day.

Not to mention, even if you were right, what happens when your enemies get to wield the laws you propose against speech you hold dear?

As we've seen, any power you give to a President Obama, is also given to a President Trump.

9. RickStain

Extremist BLM breaking off and killing police is a huge problem. Liberal rhetoric fueling the attack on Republican congressmen is also a huge problem. I'm perfectly happy to have discussions about how that can be fought.

But this particular whataboutism isn't comparable because in those cases, those are extremists. Nazis who kill in the name of Nazism aren't going to the extreme, they are enacting the stated goals of the ideology.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

He's being attacked by many sides!

11. RickStain

And the radical sects of Christianity are Nazis. But you wouldn't hear YF try to casually swap the two interchangeably.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's because YF cares more about making a distracting attack on the left than he does about the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.