1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, the basic beliefs of Islam are fine?

Shall we break them down?

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Real Nazis aren't Christians. Hitler called Christianity and Nazism "irreconcilable."

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. SnarkShark

I have the Pew study ready to go. Bookmarked.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's gonna cost you at least 3/4 of a letter grade ... I've seen the rubric.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well you found your "oh god look over there!" for the day. Congrats.

Wanna break down the basic beliefs of Christianity? Was the Old Testament God a big fan of free speech?

6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

You'll find any excuse to justify Nazi terrorism

7. YankeeFan

But Hitler and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem were on the same page that the Jews were their common enemy.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Depends how drunk Moses was when he stumbled down the mountain.

Vombatus and SnarkShark like this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to agree with Dick's earlier assessment. I think you're having one of those next day overreactions here.

You don't seem to have much thought out precisely what it is you mean. Again, do you only mean public assemblies, or are you also advocating banning people from even being allowed to talk or write about it in all other forums as well? And what about the other ideologies (including religions) that also contain hateful teachings that could be construed to fit under that standard?

I just don't know where we set the line for something like that, and I don't have much trust in our political leaders who'd be in position to decide what does and doesn't fall within your proposed hate speech ban.

I think I'd rather keep it as it is, and accept that occasionally having to endure dumbasses saying dumbassed Nazi shit is the cost of living in a country that takes its First Amendment free speech rights very seriously.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Hermes and SnarkShark like this.
  11. SnarkShark

UPChip likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

Go ahead. You try and write a law banning hate speech that I couldn't apply to Imams preaching every week in America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.