1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Make the world a better place
    Punch a Nazi in the face

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You're jumping to the defense of Starman. Stop for a moment next time you're near a mirror.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's why I won't answer your question. It's not a good faith request for information. It's a debate tactic where you try to put extra homework on me, when we both know you disagree with the basic premise so the details aren't relevant to our discussion.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One aide already made that decision at a Planned Parenthood in Washington state.

6. RickStain

We had a literal Nazi terrorist attack and YF's plan is "whatabout(tm) Starman."

Deplorable

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes.

But that was before Rick's decision to make violence against speech we don't agree with lawful.

Until now, shooting up a planned parenthood clinic/office would get you jailed. Once it becomes legal, I'll bet it becomes more common.

8. RickStain

In highly specific examples, I'm perfectly fine with that. Jihadism also has no place in the mutual peace treaty that is free speech.

9. RickStain

That is an intentionally dishonest statement.

10. YankeeFan

Please stop pretending Jihadism is the counterpart to what you are discussing.

Lots of Muslims believe, and lots of Imams preach, beliefs about Jews and women that are as despicable as what Nazis believe.

They do this without taking violent action against them. (Except, maybe against the women in their own homes.)

If we're going to criminalize the speech, we're going to have to monitor, and arrest a lot of Muslim preachers.

We may have to change our immigration policy to keep people with these beliefs out of our country too.

11. YankeeFan

Nah. I'll give you credit for being smart enough to understand what you are proposing.

12. RickStain

What percentage is "lots of"?

Anyone openly advocating for the extermination of Jews and women can go on my official No Free Speech List.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.