1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's why I never specifically mentioned "the vote". I'm impressed that at one time 80 percent of their were doctors were women at a time when America was wondering if you could even accept a woman as a physician.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah? Doctors were held in equal esteem in both countries?

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the perfect illustration of my point.

4. doctorquant

Oooh, @typefitter ... you don't want to go there.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

We've been placed on the couch so often by Euro pundits and elsewhere that it's the only response.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

One of the great philosophical issues in play here (and really since the election started) is that pointing out the sins of others does not absolve you of your own.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have said this before while abroad (and not without some trace of irritation) - "You don't know my home."
    We have some fucking problems, we're working through them, and we require American solutions.
    We thank Canada (whose largest city elected Rob Ford, and later elected a drama teacher) for its wise counsel.

Iron_chet and SpeedTchr like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There's more to "esteem" than "being able to gouge helpless, desperate sick people for whatever you can get from them." :)

My mother-in-law would still make house calls in her 70s if a sick kid needed her. Different mentality. She did receive, uh, special "favors" that went beyond her pitiful salary, though.

Stoney likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

That's all well and good but you and I both know that a non-trivial reason for the different numbers was that in the USSR medicine was a low-prestige gig. Engineering, now ...

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

A day has passed. Trump still can't denounce white supremacists and Nazis.

The time has passed. He can't undo this. And if you still support him, you're as bad as he is. But everyone who voted for him already knew what they were getting. A vile, unqualified asshole who feeds the fires of hate. Trump made no secret of this.

Lazy ass Dems betting get organized and fucking crush the GOP in 2018. This cannot stand.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just called by Quinnipiac. Interesting experience. I'll be interested to see how my answers compare to the nation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.