1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The official stance of the current administration is that White domestic terrorist is not worthy of monitoring by law enforcement

dixiehack likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

And no one is talking about the grand jury or that fat moron in Pyongyang, so, yeah. They win.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Never been polled before. What was the main topic? I'd assume Trump's performance?

4. Deskgrunt50

I don't see how in any way this news cycle can be called a "win" for Trump and the White House. It certainly has the news cycle. And it will stretch into next week.

And the less focus on Mueller and the grand jury, the better. Let them do their work quietly, out of the spotlight, and hopefully get the gets to drum this idiot out of office.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What precisely has he said at this point? Is tge problem the addition on "on both sides"? He condemned/denounced hatred, right?

What has he not said that he needs to say?

(I'm not poking the bear here. I've lost track of the story.)

6. 3_Octave_Fart

I don't remember who it was, Lawrence O'Donnell I think it was, who said all the terrible shit with this administration happens on Friday or Saturday.
    You can trace that all the way back to the thwarted executive order in late January.
    Interesting to look at from a news perspective.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He's had every opportunity to clarify himself, Dick, starting with answering media queries in the moments following his statement. Radio silence was deafening.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

I resent these people as much as you or anybody else here, but you must admit they've let a lot of bad stuff roll right off their ass.
    I think part of that is the sheer rapidity of the news cycle, but I can't remember the last time I even heard mentioned the botched military mission that caused the serviceman's death (and the little girl's, in my mind).

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Covered a lot of topics - Trump overall, Congress overall, healthcare, Russia investigation.

One question was "Who do you blame for the current state of the economy - Trump or Obama?" I wanted to answer it's way more complicated than that. But it wasn't an option.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We've had three terror incidents since his inauguration and the President has whiffed on all three. He's soft on terror.

I don't think a real/legit pollster would use the word "blame". they would use "more responsible for the state of the economy"

I've been push-polled a bit, the words and choices are very important.

HanSenSE, dixiehack and Smallpotatoes like this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, Dan, but he did sink a birdie putt at 16 yesterday.

12. Deskgrunt50

He refuses to denounce white supremacists and Nazis. The "many sides" thing is a total nod to them. And he has Bannon, Gorka and Miller on his staff.

Trump absolutely cannot be reelectd in without the support of the white supremacist assholes. And he knows it.

melock and Smallpotatoes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.