1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Stain-
    No. The profession might be in hospice, but it was thriving not too long ago.
    There is an undercurrent of failure that runs throughout his base.
    These people are literally losers - they have lost at life and everyone knows it.
    Many journalists re-invent themselves. They've been forced to do so.
    Not on par with waiting for the coal industry to return.
    More Americans work at Arby's than in coal.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not employed in a dying industry. I got out. And, yes, people can be quite successful without a college degree.
    If you read my post, you'd notice that I mentioned the education statistic not because it says something about the resident in question but because the GOP routinely mocks educational institutions and derides the "elites" who populate them. It has demonized education and intellectual pursuits. Therefore, those with such degrees become punching bags. Palling around with terrorists, a phrase your vp candidate unfairly dropped on Obama, is now another badge of honor for people like this guy. I know that area well. I know how it is set aside by GOP candidates for rhetorical and electoral effect.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Re: good people. My sister and brother in law take drug-exposed black foster kids that no one else will and adopt them. They're up to six, plus their own biological kid, all under the age of seven.

One voted for Johnson and the other kept President blank, but there was an awful lot of reveling in Clinton eating shit on election night.

I give them the benefit of the doubt of simply misunderstanding what they are cheering for.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Many of those "elites" SHOULD be mocked. Indoctrination, not education, is their pursuit. It's fucking laughable what is going on at colleges across the country.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Those dummies.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A few used-car salesmen in his sleep, I assume.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nice generalizations there.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I can't imagine you would ever generalize.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I can't fathom how disillusioned you have to be with life to become a fan of Bashar Assad.

Riptide likes this.
  12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

What an uncharacteristically busy Sunday on this thread. Something's missing, though. Needs more @MisterCreosote .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.