1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The stuff I've seen that crosses over seems to push every button in a cartoonish way. They are either satirizing white supremacists or trolling liberals hard.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I write this in all seriousness ... I bet that poor woman has had a helluva time (even before this latest).

5. Dick Whitman

The mom?

6. doctorquant

Yes ...

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I kinda feel bad for her. Her stuttering and stammering leads me to believe this kid was a handful leading up to this.

8. Dick Whitman

I think she's just clueless. She didn't really connect any of these dots. Probably not particularly interested in politics, so her son's activities flew under her radar.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That would be my guess as well.

10. doctorquant

I recall reading he was supposed to be taking anti-psychotics but wasn't. Assuming such, I suspect his political stuff was way down her list of concerns.

This guy I grew up with -- he's a year or so older than me -- his older child, a daughter, suffers from schizophrenia. I hear about it through my mother (who's friendly with his mother). They get the daughter going OK, a few months of relative calm ensue, then just about the time they start relaxing ... she quits taking her medication. Then they start all over.

He posted a family picture on Facebook at Christmas and I was shocked at the toll it's taken.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I loved John Oliver's line about why white supremacists support Donald Trump: "Nazis are like cats. If they love you it's because you are feeding them".

HanSenSE, franticscribe, Dyno and 4 others like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Many sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.