1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Why is Anonymous anonymous?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't wait for the Apologist for the Misogynist, aka, @YankeeFan to hump along now with his pat excuses for his commander in least.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This is starting to veer into sensationalism. The president's response was tepid, but the overall response from both sides of the aisle was unequivocal. Building these morons up to be something they are not just plays into their publicity-seeking hands.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not that this is a better alternative, but I took her to mean her son had an African-American friend.

It is far from the weekend's biggest obscenity and I'm not in a good place to judge so maybe it needed to be shown, but I felt like I was invading her privacy watching the moment she is informed that her son has crossed the line to murderer. More voyeurism than I'm up for on a Monday morning.

Stoney likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jeff Sessions said this morning the car attack was terrorism.

I await a serious DOJ, DHS, FBI, NSA crackdown on the groups and ideology that spurred the terrorist to act.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The authorities had not informed her yet. That's on them. I had a couple occasions where I had to break far less dire but still unwelcome news to principals of a story.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"These morons" are the kindred spirits and followers of at least three people who help to set the White House agenda.

cranberry likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ya mean a crackdown on his boss?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't do any criminal law any more, but it was never fun to inform clients or family members, including people on death row or improsoned for life, that they had lost a stage. At least in those situations you have a relationship where you're positioned to deliver the news, though.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The reporters were doing their job. Doesn't obligate me to watch.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Our silence is no longer acceptable. White people in the South who know better must call out our neighbors and family members who apologize for or justify the actions of murderers, the actions of the deluded, the actions of the cowards, the actions of the dangerous. When we hear the code words, the dog whistles, or even completely overt expressions of racism, people like us no longer have a choice."

The Perpetual Unpleasantness

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Working Lena Dunham's corner:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.