1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. nietsroob17

If the worst happens, I can see WWE preempting Raw or Smackdown for a Flair clip show. God knows, they have the material for 3 hours and more.

They did the moments of silence for Warrior, Dusty and Piper, but if there was a wrestling Mount Rushmore, Flair would be one of the four heads with Hogan, Bruno and ... Andre?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

His EKG is like Space Mountain -- a long line.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't know if they preempt the whole three hours. I could see them doing the show like normal, but putting some things on hold for the night and with vignettes sprinkled in throughout.

Have a match, Flair memory. Before commercial break, Flair memory. Come back live, Flair memory.

It would be sort of like the first SmackDown after 9/11.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Reports say he's out of surgery but far from out of the woods.

C'mon, Naitch.

9. Baron Scicluna

For WWE, you could put Andre, or Austin, or Rock, or Cena with your first three.

10. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, something like that, with maybe wrestlers telling their favorite memories.

Don't forget, tickets and ad time were sold for the show, so it's doubtful,they'd cancel it outright. They either would just make it a house show, or run it as a TV, with the moments interspersed.

Only time I recall them canceling was they skipped some house shows to attend Owen Hart's funeral in Calgary, and the Raw when they cancelled after He Who Cannot Be Named did his deeds, which they did in part because they didn't know if he was murdered or not and he was a current wrestler, plus the blizzard after the Royal Rumble a couple years ago.

11. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

If anyone has nine, or more lives, it's the Nature Boy. Come on, Ric. We are all rooting for you.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If he does go, I hope he rallies out of bed one last time and then does this.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted