1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

By that logic, you're "a party to" the Linda Sarsours, Angela Davises and all the terrible hunans the Left is silent on. I'm sure you would agree.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jesus, that is a LOT of fucking silly string.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

who said I'm on the left? I'm not a partisan hump like YF. I actually vote my conscience. I don't adapt my conscience according to the way the tide is shifting in some party.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did he vote for one of them to be president of the United States?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's an overstatement.

We've seen bank robbers outgun the police. You know how we knew the police were out gunned? Because gunfire was exchanged.

There was no gunfire exchange in Charlottesville.

The Nazi assholes had a permit. The Antifa folks were the ones who challenged the cops.

The "counter protesters" should have applied for a permit, and demonstrated in the area covered by the permit they received.

The two sides should have remained separated.

And, after Friday night's tiki march, the cops were aware of potential problems. The state police were on the ground Saturday morning. I don't know how the cops lost control of the situation on the ground so quickly.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Since Charlottesville, Linda Sarsour has made more outreach to Jews than the president.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The logical consequence of the Charlottesville debacle is that the next time these clowns show up anywhere, law enforcement will be very heavily armed indeed.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe this should go on the 'change my mind' thread, but living most of my life in California has convinced me that nobody outworks the fucking mexicans.

I'm with you. I lived in Texas, and would see immigrant workers doing homebuilding all day in the summer heat.

And, I'm not against guest-worker programs -- seasonal or otherwise. It's much better to have folks here legally, so that they won't be exploited.

But, the Häagen-Dazs at Navy Pier could find some pimple faced teenagers to scoop ice cream if they wanted to.

Iron_chet likes this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I'd take silly string over a car being rammed into people any day. I know it's serious, but I'll admit, I chuckled a little at this picture. So ridiculous. It also shows how ridiculous these "protests" are. To be frank, the typical, regular person in the U.S. really has very little to protest. People need to get some freaking perspective.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Sure you really want to venture down some legalistic "one side had a permit and the other didn't" path here?

That argument ain't flying when one side's Nazis and the other anti-fascists and the event ends with the former murdering the latter.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Antifa folks are also cowards who like to dress up and play tough. Only difference now is that they hide their identities.

Good article here:

The Rise of Antifa - The Atlantic

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

But were they outgunned by Inky?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.