1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Did you read past the headline? These people are not Nazis. Whether they draw them to town, well, that is likely the crux of the argument the city will make to deny a permit. No idea if that would hold up, though.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There has been a big shift, and while the solutions might not be simple, I think we agree on the fact that it's problem.

We used to shovel driveways and sidewalks for money as kids. Now, when it snows, no one rings my brother's or mom's door offering to shovel them out.

It's really odd to me. I don't understand why kids wouldn't want to make more money.

And, don't get me started on my sister-in-law's 25-year-old fiancé.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm not in a position to discount anybody else's theory. I'm around more of a crowd that isn't targeting duke or stanford.

My two cents is that most middle class parents just don't make as many demands on their kids to work, as previous generations. Perhaps it's because they think it is better for the child; perhaps they want to be more of a friend. Perhaps its because in the typical suburban middle class teen upbringings, there is much more pressure on a kid to even make a high school varsity sport (now necessitates club team, travel ball); or the academic pressures are greater, with AP classes etc; and the parents demand less in the work world out of teens as a result.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The problem isn't Nazis. It's that people disagree with the Nazis.

Iron_chet likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

Sorry, but I'm not sure when the legal argument is ever a bad one.

Yes, even Nazis with a permit should be able to hold their event. That's how our society is supposed to work.

We condemn them. We laugh at them. We mock them.

But, we let them have their first amendment rights too, and we don't meet their hate speech with violence.

This shouldn't be a controversial opinion, and should not be seen, in any way, as support for Nazis, or their message.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maybe this is his great health care plan?

8. YankeeFan

You need to have spent your summer break building housing in Peru.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Otherwise, it's the government version of sanctioning Cleveland State.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This account is not associated with Anne Frank. It's been called out on Twitter many times.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Et tu, Anne?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Who says nobody writes letters to the editor anymore?

Letter: Family denounces Tefft's racist rhetoric and actions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.