1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Just looking out for my Jewish friends, Song.

Songbird likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Excuse me. I guess I think it just might be possible to empathize, and even fight for a cause, without necessarily getting into a situation where someone could get killed. If you willingly put yourself into the middle of a mob, with a mob mentality -- let alone one with Nazi ideals -- you are asking -- just asking -- for trouble. And, what's more, you know it.

And, considering that people were doing it over some idiots standing on a street corner, and not while fighting in a middle of a war...yeah, I think they should have stayed away. It's tragic that somebody died. It is. But is anybody really surprised?

I sure wouldn't be "proud" of my daughter that she went and did that and got herself killed, as Heather Heyer's mom says she is. I would be completely distraught, and broken, over the idiocy of her death.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump is about to give another go at making a statement on Charlottesville after a meeting with the AG and FBI director.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"What about antifa?" and rules lawyering over permits is Nazi apologism, no more or less.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, he'll be criticized, no matter what he says.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Poor guy.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So Heather Heyer is responsible for her death?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised to see you blaming the victim. Disgusted, but not surprised.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And some white housewife from Michigan had no business getting mixed up in a Negro march in Alabama, amiwrite?

Jesus.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Charlie Brown's teacher.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Should Nazis be able to hold a rally, in which they abide by the terms of the permit they've applied for, and received, without the fear of violence?

It's really a simple premise, that should not be in question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.