1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I could start a web site devoted to the idea that the Smith family is the cause of all our problems and should be destroyed. Get a number of people to agree with me.

If I want to put together a rally of all the people who agree with me, the Smith family has every right to consider this a violent act and defend themselves. Even if I have a permit and they don't. And even if they swing first, they are not the reason violence happened. And no one would tut-tut them and say they should have just let me alone, really both sides are a problem.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This came out 10-15 years ago.

In general, results showed a pattern of negative effects for students who worked during high school. In particular, working in the final year of high school had a significantly negative effect. These negative effects occurred even from working a small number of hours per week. The negative effects of working during Grade 12 were consistent across gender, ethnicity, ability, economic background and type of work.

Negative effects of working during high school

At the time, 75 percent of American high schoolers were working, while in Japan it was 27 percent and in Taiwan it was 26 percent.

It isn't worth it. My oldest is a senior, and I don't know where he would fit it into his schedule.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But you do apparently think she was "asking--just asking" for it. And she "knew it."

Your words.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I understand you believe this, and think it should be codified in law, but it isn't.

And, until it is, those expressing Nazi views should be able to apply for, and receive a permit for a rally, and not fear assault.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

My kids worked during the summers, but during the school year there was no way they could with their schedules.

7. Dick Whitman

I have no doubt that if my parents hadn't made me work I would have had the grades for Northwestern or Notre Dame. Instead, I was closing at Ponderosa Steakhouse until midnight.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Legally? Maybe, but that law sure is unevenly applied.

But morally? No. Anyone who shows up and does violence to them is a damn hero.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not even to offer them a Pepsi?

10. Dick Whitman

OK. But how is that different than people who, as YF argues, root for prison rape?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If he'd issued that statement on Saturday - minus patting himself on the back for the economy - he could have avoided a whole lot of criticism.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alright! We now have the president in agreement that Nazis are bad!

Progress is slow, people.

RickStain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.