1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Are you serious with this bullshit? If every American were just half-assed paying attention to how they're being screwed over there would be weekly protests.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just reading that abstract ... I don't have my full access right now ... but I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply some bad science. Their implication, at least from the abstract, is that working shows a lack of commitment to school except when it shows a greater commitment to school. That's not an effect, that's a hole in your theory or measurement (or both).

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Who knew decency was so complicated?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Except where a financial situation would really necessitate it, I wouldn't advocate this.

But, there's season work almost everywhere. Kids can work at ice cream shops, pools, golf courses, etc. in the summer.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We are now at the part of the program where we can be happy that our president is taking baby steps by speaking out somewhat against Nazis.

LongTimeListener and RickStain like this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

At least we got there, I guess?

Machine Head likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Presidents used to be aspirational figures. Now we have one who is a sophomore handing in an overdue term paper and you just know he is going to pitch a fit when he doesn't recieive full credit.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There are multiple problems with this.

One of the biggest is that since violence against Nazis is illegal, those who want to do them violence usually end up clashing with the police in their attempt to get at the Nazis. This doesn't help anyone.

It also results in folks doing damage to property and injuring the police when someone as bland as Ben Shapiro or Charles Murray tries to speak on a college campus.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm fascinated to see the Nazis' reaction to his statement.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Many of them weren't fearing assault. They were looking for it.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.