1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have thought about this a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm pro punching Nazis.

Iron_chet likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Can't you be proud and broken? All the same, it just happened on Saturday. I imagine the mother is possibly still in shock.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The argument that the Nazis had a permit and the counter-protesters did not is horseshit. Why? Because counter-protest groups were given permits to demonstrate nearby. Don't believe me? Just read the federal judge's order from Friday night. Pages 1-2.

EDIT: Forgot to provide the link: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wvir/documents/kessler-federal.pdf

Neither side had permits to protest in the street, and the Nazis permit to demonstrate in Emancipation Park at Noon Saturday was lawfully revoked when at 11 a.m. the police determined that allowing the event to move forward was a threat to public safety on the basis of many of the white supremacists having a.) shown up armed and b.) engaging in violent response to the counter-protesters who were also assembling nearby.

What happened in the park before noon and in the streets all day was not "permitted" activity.

4. CD Boogie

Um, he is. They want him to look like a decent human being and that doesn't come naturally to him because he's a piece of shit.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I fully expect these Nazi twats to rationalize this away, thinking he only said it because people pressured him to and that he doesn't really mean it.

6. CD Boogie

And you'll be on this board going to the mat for him because that's all you do.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Even if attempting to do so puts cops lives in danger?

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Lies we expect from Donald. But the incongruity of the Bernie Bro line stuck out like a sore thumb reading that post.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I would rather not endanger the lives of police, but if some guy is giving the Nazi salute in front me, I've decided I'm going to punch him.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What if he's wearing a short sleeve shirt and the sleeve rides up and you see a swastika tattoo ... playing that one by ear?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The counter demonstrators went to the park.

They all ended up in the street because the cops ejected everyone from the park, putting those on opposing sides together in the street.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A combination of saying he didn't really mean it ("He was reading the prompter, no passion, no conviction!") and blaming Jews - probably Kushner and Ivanka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.