1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That seems like a great idea ...until you screw up and out the wrong person.

I liked the quote from the kid caught screaming angrily with the lighted torch: "I hope that the people sharing the photo are willing to listen that I’m not the angry racist they see in that photo.”

You're not? Then why do you act like an angry racist at angry racist rallies? Is this a method acting thing?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Fortunately, when he is looking for a job or grad school, he will be able to blend in among all the other applicants named Peter Cvjetanovic

YankeeFan and PCLoadLetter like this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

They're all fucking losers. No one in the middle of a successful life thinks, "You know what, I'm going to give white supremacism a try." They're just like the failures that ISIS recruits. If they had reasonable prospects for employment and sex, they'd be making money and getting laid instead.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That's obvious. But someone at least got him out there and say the words. I guess that's better than nothing.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. It doesn't need to be rehashed. But it's a bad error that results from reporters thinking they know the facts of a situation, when they need to confirm them.

I could provide many examples of this, if you're uncomfortable ceding the point.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

My question is how does a guy who works in California at a hot dog shop afford a plane ticket and the associated costs with going all the way to Charlottesville, Va., for a rally.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Plenty of successful people are losers, too.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haha. I just noticed that too, and was wondering about it.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: This thought is out of the blue and not in response to any particular poster:

Hasn't here been some coverage of the fact that ISIS does not only recruit failures, but has been surprisingly successful recruiting from the middle class?

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's not me! I have the opportunity to be the first of my friends!

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ha, I noticed that too.

Be careful out there, people!

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

plenty of yankee fans, too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.