1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Seeing lots and lots today about how the peacenik Nazis would have been just fine if all those pesky kids hadn't showed up to tsk-tsk them.

Amazing how unified the opinions seem to always become after Monday rolls around.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The first year that I played fantasy hoops, around 20 years ago, my office in NYC was near the hotel that most visiting NBA teams stayed and I occasionally saw players on my walk home.

One day, Rasheed Wallace and I are at the same corner waiting for the light to change and I talked to him for 30 seconds. The last thing I said was that he was on my fantasy team and it would be great if he made more 3s. Rasheed looks at me and says "I ain't your fucking slave" and crosses the street.

melock, Iron_chet and YankeeFan like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Happy Election Day!

melock and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Yeah, you know how the old saw goes that no one wants to hear about your fantasy team?

Players themselves really don't want to hear about your fantasy team.

SpeedTchr and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

You are responding to an imaginary post.

You made one, simple point: Most Americans don't have anything to protest.

I made one, simple counterpoint: Yes, they do.

Not a lot of aspects for you to address. Not a lot of nuances for you to address.

Your reaction was to ignore my actual point and post an unrelated polemic. It's not that you didn't address "every aspect and nuance of every post." You didn't address the content of my post, which was a direct response to your post, period.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I still want to know who the person was in the last 48 hours who gave a facebook recommendation to this thread.

I give 4:1 that it was a fat fingered phone or tablet mis-hit.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We got our talking points from Rush!

8. Dick Whitman

Yeah, that really narrows it down.

Big Circus, poindexter and YankeeFan like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

I'd love to see yesterday's transcript. I'm sure he gave an unqualified denunciation of Nazis.

HOLY SHIT THERE IS A MAJOR POLITICAL PARTY IN AMERICA THAT CAN NO LONGER BRING ITSELF TO GIVE AN UNQUALIFIED DENUNCIATION OF NAZIS AND HOLY SHIT FUCKING NAZIS!!!

10. YankeeFan

80% had semi-automatic weapons. Sure Terry.

And, if this conversation you had with the State Police went as you say, why are they disputing that they were outgunned?

[​IMG]

11. YankeeFan

If only such a resource existed:

What Really Happened in Charlottesville

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

FIFY. That was right before he started his vacation. The scandals and missteps come so often that they run together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.