1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are a lot of threads to the Nazi angle other than stating that, "Nazis are terrible." You find new threads to pull regarding the opposition by the hour.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I can't divide by zero. I have to state that in public every day because if I don't people might get the wrong idea about me.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That picture has to be photoshopped.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hard liquor and syphilis?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

You're looking for nuanced tales on Nazis or something? They're bad. Really bad. The worst.

I'm not sure what other angle there is.

The antifa stuff is much less covered and discussed, so it's more interesting to me.

The over the top "solutions" to the Nazi problem in America (which has a couple hundred loser supporters) is more interesting to me. The proposed cures are worse than the disease.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Always wondered what Ted Williams envisioned whenever he called someone a "syphilitic piece of shit."

Now we know!

7. Dick Whitman

Perhaps why they appear to be particularly emboldened right now?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How many ways can you try to deflect and say WhatAbout? You've found an endless supply of those somehow.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind ... :cool:

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

I don't think that the "antifa" or violent leftist protesters shouldn't be discussed. They absolutely should be discussed.

What I take serious issue with is the framing/talking point, which is implying that people are picking on the poor, put-upon Nazis. It seems that the Donald Trumps, Mike Pences, and Rush Limbaughs of the world could talk about the "many sides" without an express or implied, "but" connecting the discussions.

12. YankeeFan

How many times have we heard this? I guess if you keep predicting something, you might eventually be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.