1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

They are Him.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's see the source of the picture. I'm betting it's doctored.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think that what is particularly galling about rampant "Whataboutism" as the consensus talking point is that it was essentially established by Trump on Saturday afternoon. We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that his statement might have been his most galling performance yet.

You have to listen to the tape to get a full feeling for this. He reads off a rote condemnation of "hatred" and "bigotry," then comes to life as he emphasizes "on many sides. On many sides."

This wasn't a blanket condemnation of a riot. This was his response to the murder of a 32-year-old protester by a Nazi who intentionally drove his car into a crowd.

Without "many sides, many sides," I might be more apt to countenance a "national conversation about ..." here. He made it hard.

4. YankeeFan

The Times reporter on the scene, the ACLU of Virginia, and the Charlottesville PD have all commented on the violent actors on both sides.

What is wrong with these people?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Feel personally attacked when someone goes after the white supremacists?

6. Dick Whitman

I tend to agree that a rousing round of, "Steve Bannon is fat and ugly" doesn't exactly advance the cause.

FileNotFound and Stoney like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

You're playing the, "Everything is the same as the other thing" game.

FileNotFound and HanSenSE like this.
  8. YankeeFan

Now do the Steve Scalise shooting, and the attempted mass murder of more than a dozen Republican lawmakers.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Well duh, we saw videos of the two sides brawling.

10. Dick Whitman

I wasn't on Twitter that day. Which Z-lister acted particularly unpresidential?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was not aware that the Steve Scalise shooting was the result of an organized gathering planned by people with close ties to Trump White House officials.

I learn a lot here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.