1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've said repeatedly that Trump should have singled out the Nazis, and left it at that.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Got anything to back that up, or is it just another accusation you can't support?

I really don't care what the guy looks like in that picture or any other, but it does seem to be a pattern.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The thing is, the issues with the fringe right and the issues with the fringe right at Charlottesville are not equivalent.

The issue with the fringe right is that it holds abhorrent views.

The issue with the fringe left is that it often takes abhorrent actions.

That's why it's not a natural "Whatabout" to me, but should be addressed independently.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

OK, if I don't respond further, I do need to concentrate on work for the rest of the day. I've worked like 20 minutes to this point.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And there goes the personal attack because you can't refute any of it. You are blaming the victim for daring to stand up directly to something awful. You are saying people who are offended by racism should not dare to stand up to it directly. That is cowardice.

You defended a child molester and the parents who enabled him, too.

I don't know anything about you offline, but I do see what you are here, just as others see what I am here. Please note that I'm not calling you a coward. I probably shouldn't have made the guess about your offline behavior, but honestly I don't know or care. I interact with you here and what I know about you on SJ.com is that you have posted two despicable arguments.

JC likes this.
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I feel like if you're a white supremacist, claiming to be part of a master race, then you open yourself up to some gibes about your spontaneously bleeding face.

Especially when, looking at Nazis past—Hitler, Goebbels, Himmler, and the rest—they were almost cartoonishly club-footed, one-nutted, beady-eyed simps who would have lost feats of strength to a pampered house cat.

History, like my acid reflux when I look at these syphilitic blobs, repeats.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

TSP posted it from twitter, so i assume its photoshopped or some other set up.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Your reactions to the merest suggestion of blood make me wonder about how long you're going to be able to run with your "Punch Nazis!" program.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is my personal struggle, doc, but I shall prevail for the side of righteousness.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Don't be a shitheart.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He did. He even highlighted the text.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.