1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't expect him to say that, but it would be nice if he said "President Trump, your position on this is unacceptable to right-thinking Americans."

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He'll have to go full N-word on national teevee. Which I'd guess isn't far off.

I think Obama could probably goad him into it, if he made a teevee speech ripping the shit out of Fucko and calling for his removal.

Even money he'd be tweeting within an hour, "I'm the president, I don't have to take this shit out of a n****er." And probably order Obama's arrest.

His 20% base would cheer wildly. But the other 80% would know.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Link?

dixiehack, Neutral Corner and UPChip like this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Seeing a lot of incredulous tweets that a media outlet would not be covering this 24-7. But doing that plays right into Trump's hands. Put most of your resources into Cville and related stories. Make it your top story (or three). But let's not take our eyes off the rest of the world for a temporary ratings spike. I hate that the media seems to have forgotten how to multitask.

service_gamer and tapintoamerica like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And we'll see if any Republicans in the House pay attention. They are the ones who have to get this party started. All of them are up for re-election within the next 10 months, when primaries will be held. For most of them, the primary is the greatest threat. If they call for the eviction of their Fuhrer, they run the risk of being tossed.
    I'm not optimistic.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is a nearly impossible, and additionally very foolish, point for Trump to try to make in the way he made it.

Sure, there were some white dudes at the rally who thought afterward "well, I didn't expect anyone to die!" Those are the white dudes who need the condemnation the most! Not the least! They're the ones whose consciences needs to kick in - or whatever's left of it. You need to speak clearly to those on the "fringe of the fringe" and tell them - no, this isn't the way, get the hell away from Spencer and Duke, a woman is dead, come to your senses, walk away from it and condemn it!

Instead, Trump, is his stupidity and blind hate for his enemies, has to put a jab in there for the left. When pitted against neo-Nazis, this is rank foolishness.

8. tapintoamerica

True. Are the North Koreans suddenly sane? Doubtful.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump whatabouted in defense of people who hate his own Jewish grandchildren.

10. tapintoamerica

CNN reports that Trumpland is circulating memos to its external apologists in the media and Congress that stress the blame on both sides canard.
    General Kelly?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Are they saner than the head of our own government. It's a tossup. But based on the evidence of today, they have a claim. BTW, the beyond doubt evidence that the President is a rage-filled racist seems a little more relevant than the mental state of the infinitely weaker enemies of America.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.