1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Hidden?! HIDDEN?!!

Off the top of my head:

Refused to rent to black people
    Continued campaign against Central Park Five, even after their innocence. Literally said "Maybe hate is what we need"
    Admitted to having Mein Kampf in his bedroom, claimed it was given to him by a Jewish friend (said friend was not Jewish)
    Was sued for keeping black women out of pageants he owned
    Had one black woman who did make it into a pageant he owned say that he said some creepy, racist things to her
    All the stuff he said about Hispanic immigrants during his campaign
    All the times he "accidentally" tweeted or used Nazi iconography and memes

Most of those aren't directly anti-Semitic, though. He has a weird relationship with Jewish people. There's a long history of him talking about them in stereotypes that he probably considers positive, basically thinks of them as natural-born accountants.

His history of racism isn't in any way, shape, or form "hidden." He does strike me as the type who thinks that as long as he doesn't say the N word, he's not *really* racist.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

An intelligent person does not make repeat unforced errors like this. If you want to call him a moron, I'll go along with that. He's never said a thing I found particularly insightful.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I take it back, @YankeeFan was busy today.

Congrats on the new gig YF.

melock likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You know, I really do get busy from time to time.

Trump really does need to stop trying to fight every point the press makes.

I'm sure there are good people who don't think the statue of Lee should come down. I don't think those good people would come out to voice this opinion at a rally led by Richard Spencer, and populated by other obvious white supremacists.

I'd like to think that if you came out simply to oppose the removal of the statue, and then saw who you were associating with, you'd leave as fast as you came.

So, I don't know why Trump is trying to defend the "good people" there. Maybe on other days, but not on that day.

(But, what do I know. I'd also like to think that if you were a good person, and your pastor at Church gave a God Damn America sermon, and declared 9/11 as evidence that America's chickens had come home to roost, they'd probably walk out too, never to return. I know that's what I would have done.)

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Nah. I've decided I only want to work for Mooch. Even if he's unemployed.

Maybe it would be like interning for Kramer, but it would be worth it.

6. RickStain

I can tell you why, if you'd like.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Didn't take you as long to figure out your deflection strategy.

melock likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

Rick doesn't like whataboutismm because we'd have to focus on him, and his repeated calls for violence.

Just when you thought Trump said the dumbest thing of the day, you find this.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

If anyone can make sure Mooch gets that chicken, YF, it's you.

melock, HanSenSE and Sea Bass like this.
  10. RickStain

You can focus on it as much as you want. I'll stand by it.

The American Exceptionalism fetish for allowing them to organize is horseshit.

If a group of people says "I'm going to kill your family" and you see them plotting to do it, you have every right to break it up and they sure as hell don't have a legal right to their gathering.

If that group says "I'm going to gain political power to kill 30% of the population," then apparently we have no choice but to let them gather and plot.

11. YankeeFan

I honestly don't think there were a lot of good folks standing along side the Nazis.

The rally seemed pretty clearly to have been marketed to racist/Nazis/white supremacists. And, after Friday night's events, I don't think you show up to oppose the removal of the statue when these are your allies, unless you share their views.

Now, my Rev. Wright did was just a playful dig, but then, you do kind of have to wonder why you continue to go back to a Church if these are the Pastor's views.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

HE'S NOT A NAZI THEY WERE NAZIS!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.