1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, of course. They were Nazi's.

And, if I somehow got hoodwinked into attending a "First Amendment" rally, or something similar, and upon arriving, discovered it was actually a Nazi rally, I would turn tail immediately.

If there's a Nazi leading the rally you are attending, you leave. 100%. Every single time. Even if you agree with them on the supposed reason for the rally.

Same thing if you see a bunch of guys in uniforms of various white supremacist organizations. Get the fuck out. It's not where you want to be. Don't pick up a Tiki torch under any circumstances.

But, this same theory applies to lesser evils as well.

Rev. Wright isn't a Nazi. Obviously. We can agree on that. But, his beliefs regarding race and politics are enough that I wouldn't want to attend a church he led.

3. YankeeFan

It's not that he shouldn't fight with the press, it's that in his zeal to push back against what he perceives as unfair press coverage, he ends up making poor arguments.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, there's a GOOD argument for being a racist and Nazi sympathizer?

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Was he under the impression his job performance would be graded on a curve?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The current president of the United States reveals himself (not for the first time) to be a massive fucking racist, beyond any shadow of a doubt. There is no whataboutism, fucking Rev. Wright fucking bullshit that should distract from that. If you support Trump, you are supporting a blatantly and obviously racist administration. Own it you nits. Because you're going to wear that fucking sign around your neck for the rest of your life. Voting for him was bad enough. Still supporting him now? You're either a bad or stupid person, plain and simple.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Unless you are a dedicated neo-nazi - I see no point in continuing to support the Trump Presidency. He is incapable of staying out of his own way in getting any agenda passed. Hell, I think more than half of the GOP would be fine with a Garland on the SC as long as they spent the summer swearing in members of Team Clinton before a joint committee.

10. YankeeFan

LOL.

Nazis are bad. No one should support them or their causes.

It's so easy to say.

It's really funny that Obama, eventually disowned Rev. Wright, but pretends like he didn't know who he was.

We're supposed to suspend our disbelief. Obama was just like the good folks at the Nazi rally who didn't know what it was really about.

That's what we're supposed to believe.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He makes poor arguments because he's a petty, vindictive moron who can't string two thoughts together. Give him a day or two and it would be the same. I suppose there is theoretically a person in the White House who could provide intelligent arguments if he would stay on script, but we haven't found that person yet and he can't stay on script anyway.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.