1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This was the biggest overnight move in Baltimore since the Colts went to Indy:

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, clearly a business can't be evaluated by whether people choose to freely buy goods or services from it (in this case at much lower prices). ... We need micromanagers to hamstring the companies that compete the best. ... in order to provide jobs for the masses. Makes sense.

The nonsensical beliefs that make it so there is an audience for that kind of idiocy pisses me off almost as much as Trump's kindergarten populism where he lashes out at people he doesn't like with those kinds of diversions.

When Trump went after Ken Frazier the other day when he resigned from that manufacturing council, I was really struck by the contrast between the two men. Frazier's mom died when he was 12. His dad was a janitor. His grandparents were slaves. Against almost all odds, Frazier went to U of P (and not as a transfer student, because his dad's money bought him in) and Harvard Law. ... and has abilities, as an attorney and then as a businessman, that got him to where he is today. Merck does something like $40 billion in sales a year. And Frazier is the definition of a self-made man. Trump? He's a bullshit-artist blowhard who was born somewhere between third base and home, and has never had anywhere near that kind of business success, yet he spends half his life trying to convince others that HE is the self-made man.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Fair point. None has specifically said he's on the Klan roster.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Excellent. In both cases, the city was able to rid itself of a disgusting bigot. Bob "Don't Jew Me" Irsay, of Jewish heritage himself, was a wretched human who would have voted with Taney if he had been on the court.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not in the least. I would, however, like to see Amazon workers develop a collective backbone and organize. A significant contributor to inequality has been a generally complacent/cowed labor force that's failed to use its dwindling collective bargaining rights to insist on pay and benefit increases.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My favorite quote was "I carry a gun, I go to the gym. I'm doing everything I can to make myself more violent."

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, Amazon is a no-tax-payin', no-jobs-creatin' racket. And it'll never catch on.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to walk my laps at the local mall.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Makes sense for them to use whatever leverage they have. ... if they have any. I'll assume you are talking about the workers who are in their warehouses, not the execs in Seattle. What exactly is the negotiating leverage you think they have that could net them better pay and benefits if they tried what you are suggesting?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A business is only valuable to a society in its role as a funneler of tax revenues. Didn't you read the manifesto(s)?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Where'd they take the horses? To Pimlico?
    im guessing that includes steroids or a lot of coke bc that nazi was amped.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As predictable as sunrise, today is the one for stories in which administration officials express shock, disgust, etc. off the record to reporters, then do exactly jack shit about their alleged shock, disgust, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.