1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe Trump interceded with Putin on behalf of the Daily Stormer.

[​IMG]

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Trump's lawyer:
    Look! I have black friends!
    [​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

While anyone smiling with Trump is execrable, much less high-profile Jews Cohn, Mnuchin, et al, it's well-established that during the Holocaust there were "good" Jews and "bad" Jews.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That was pretty awesome, wasn't it?

Someone pointed out in the comments that all the pictures are from receptions and events. It's not like their from Thanksgiving dinner at his home.

(Which isn't to say he's racist. It's just a poor way of trying to prove you're not.)

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out here in response to a few comments a couple pages back:

I work in marketing via Amazon, and in doing so I've learned that Amazon's prices are anything but cheaper than the competition, generally speaking. You'll find household goods on Wal-Mart.com and electronics on BestBuy.com at cheaper prices, for example. Things I sell are marked up on Amazon to pay for AWS' various fees, or you can buy them on my websites for about 10 percent less.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It is comfortable to be the Good Umpire. You get to say, “I’m not an anti-Trump hysteric, like Kristol or Nordlinger. Nor am I reflexively pro-Trump, like certain of our ‘talk’ guys. I’m just callin’ balls and strikes here.”

That’s fine as far as it goes, but it misses the moral dimension, as I keep saying. It misses the moral dimension of a presidency, which ultimately proves of greatest importance.

Read more at: The Mega-Question

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Could be that people are sensitive to the total cost of acquisition, which includes time spent searchin', clickin', etc. So, yes, I might get it a bit cheaper elsewhere, but that's another form, another account, another password, etc.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What's hard to imagine about that?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There's a "WhatAbout" buried between the lines of YF's post, but I don't have the brain capacity to try to figure it out today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.