1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Campbell's Split Pea was very bad soup. Very, very bad, let me tell you.

melock, HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, this will give her more time to lower ripoff soup prices, believe me.

melock, Iron_chet, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm picturing the end of A Face In The Crowd, where suddenly all the big shots ghost on Lonesome Rhoades and his Fighters For Fuller banquet.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

He was both the author and chief justice of the worst decision in the history of the court, one that helped set the stage for civil war. I think it is fair to heap blame at his feet.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Exactly. And, for better or worse, in politics, presentation is, if not everything, well, then, it counts for an awful lot. I didn't agree with all of Obama's policies, but I liked him. I never thought he was arrogant, just well-spoken, and he presented himself, and his office, well.

And that alone gets you an awful lot of goodwill, and, when needed, sometimes, even forgiveness -- even from the media.

I'm convinced that this factor alone is a significant part of Trump's continual difficulties.

6. The Big Ragu

Didn't Trump say the other day that he had other business leaders lined up to take positions on these business councils? I guess we'll see now.

Details of that conference call are coming out. ... The business leaders spoke one by one and condemned Trump, and then unanimously voted to disband the council.

If there is a 2.0 version of the council, it is going to be led by El Chapo Guzman and Martin Shkreli. I am not sure who else is going to join.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Business leaders lining up to serve" is one more lie among so many that it barely makes a blip.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I assume there are some Russian underworld figures who can find a seat at the table.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh please. Did you take a look at that crowd? Did you see anyone that looked like scholarly southern history professors? Did you hear the things they were chanting (hint: it sure as hell wasn't "Preserve History!")?

Sorry, but the notion that any of those who travelled to Charlottesville for this event were motivated only by love of southern heritage and concern for "preservation of history" is laughable bunk. The event was dreamed up and organized by white supremacists, marketed directly to white supremacists, the chants were all the usual white supremacist sort of nonsense. The whole thing was nothing but a racism convention from the beginning.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe his angered showed who he really is.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

Damn, I didn't think of that. He can do photo ops with Russian oligarchs sitting around a table in the White House kissing his ass, while he rambles a few lines of bullshit about each of them.

Each of them can show up with a bugged gift bottle of Vodka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.