1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The tweeter-in-chief just tweeted that HE IS disbanding the two business councils.

Translation: You can't quit. You're fired!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have seen enough from friends and acquaintances to know this, and a great deal of writing too (not even necessarily alt-right writing): There is a core belief among a large group of people that race relations were fine in America until November 2008 and that Obama singlehandedly destroyed all of our progress in that area.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If only Hillary's campaign had found common cause with the racist, misogynist Bernie Bros., maybe we could have avoided electing a president who had found common cause with racists and misogynists.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hey y'all, have a nice Labor Day BBQ!

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Resign. No slinking quietly away. Toss the flaming bag of dog shit right in his lap.

It's on you, fucker.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You're right. I'm sure the majority were rabid haters. That doesn't mean there couldn't be a plausible possibility of there being people -- whether at that event, or not -- who could have such views, as Trump suggested, which was my only point.

Otherwise, my question would be this: They just now decided to take that statue down? Why is that? What took so long?

And, on a somewhat related note regarding history that I was thinking about while lying awake thinking about all this in the middle of the night: Has anyone been to Germany and seen if there are statues or other memorabilia of Hitler still standing or preserved anywhere? I just wondered, and haven't been there.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody who joins in any Fucko enterprise at this point has to be considered a full-on Nazi enabler. With all the boycotts and demonstrations that entails.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When you fancy yourself the pro business president and you work so hard to try to convince everyone that all of those CEOs of the largest companies are your people (insinuating yourself one of them). ... when you have a day like today, is it fair to say that it's the opposite of "winning"?

FYI, Greg Hayes of United Technologies just put out a statement about why he was resigning from the council. ... I guess word hadn't gotten to him yet that he was fired.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The media was reflecting the vast majority of the country's opinions; he wasn't fighting the media, he was fighting good-hearted Americans.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've been to Germany. I highly, highly doubt that there is anything standing like that. I don't even remember seeing anything in a museum. The @RickStain rule is in place there. It's practically illegal to even talk about Nazis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.