1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

At first glance I thought that read applestrudelfuckers

BadgerBeer, HanSenSE and Big Circus like this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

See, this is a large part of the difference between the U.S. and other countries/places in the world that I don't think people really appreciate -- or understand can actually cause some of the problems going on now.

All through this, I've been struck by how people have seemed more concerned with how the President -- how anyone and everyone -- has RESPONDED TO, and what they have SAID ABOUT, this rally, this conflict, and the nasty violence being caused, inflamed and spread more and more in this country, than they have about all the actual confrontations themselves, and what they might mean for the country.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ken Frazier was a study in courage in all of this.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And Baltimore will have to steal a statue in Indy.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They are inextricably intertwined. There is a reason that Nazis and white supremacists right now feel emboldened to hold these aggressive rallies, and it was on display front and center over the last five days.

That said: Yes, it would be great to have that kind of inward-looking conversation, independent of the President's comments. But the news of the day genuinely keeps getting in the way.

Stoney likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought it did until your post here noting that it doesn't!

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Can't imagine what gave them that idea ...
    [​IMG]

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Should anyone still be harboring the idea that the leader of the Republicans is not a racist:

“People have tried to assuage him by saying, ‘You're just not helping yourself.’ He doesn't care,” the adviser said, adding that in some ways Trump would rather that people call him a racist than to say he backed down.

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

And Cleveland will get a replacement statue.

"It'll look just like the Free Stamp that Baltimore took!," they'll say. "Same colors, same location and everything!", they'll say.

But it will melt and it will look like a giant turd almost instantly.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm sure the leaders of Gazprom, Sberbank and Aeroflot are all willing and ready to serve.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A sizable chunk of America and more than one person on here holds that unless you are live on camera wearing full Klan regalia while holding an actual noose around the neck of a black person, you can't be called racist, and anything short of that is just a normalized part of our national discourse.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.