1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Your point is well-taken, but I partially reject the premise as it specifically regards "Western Heritage."

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

What's going through his mind now that those he sees as peers and craves attention and approval from have turned their backs on him?

He can say he fired them, but he knows.

Where does he go from here?

Deeper into his core beliefs, or be open to start listening to Kelly and others?

I'm going to guess he keeps going down the road he's on. He has the best brain, right?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

All that means is that Dan Scavino wrote that one.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:):):):)

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That kinda was the one I was a bit hesitant to remark about. There's some aspects about "Western Heritage," but it hardly seems like the sort of thing where people use to rationalize racist pasts.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seeing these CEOs quit is reminding me of the scene from "12 Angry Men" where the one juror starts ranting about racial stereotypes and every other juror starts walking away from him and turns their backs.

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. Machine Head

I know, that's not something Roy Cohn taught him to do.

Does he say 'fuck it you people don't deserve me and my big brain' at some point?

Walk away in what he would think would be a blaze of glory?

Because he ain't getting fuckall done moving forward.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What we need is some major GOP figures channeling Al Pacino in "And Justice For All."

"I wondered why, day after day, he kept acting like a Russian traitor. I wondered why he kept acting like a racist. Like a fascist. Like a criminal. Like a Nazi."

"Then I found out why."

"The liberals, the Democrats, are not gonna get that man today. Because I'm going to get him."

"Our 'president,' the dishonorable Donald J. Trump, is a fascist, a racist, a sexist, a pervert, a bigot, a traitor and a criminal, he should be removed today by the 25th Amendment, he should then be impeached by the full Congress, he should then, in separate criminal trial, be tried and convicted of treason (which I remind you all, under federal law, is a capital crime), and THEN, he should go Straight To Fucking Jail, the Sonofabitch Is Guilty. If that man is allowed to go free, something really wrong is going on around here."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  9. Machine Head

The way his presidency is going has to be eating him up.

He was laying the groundwork for his daughter to rise in the ranks, maybe all the way to the top at some point.

Now, it all slipping away, and he knows it.

Time to get him out to another rally, Mr. Bannon.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Would be great optics for him to go to say, Georgia, right now and start arguing for the preservation of Confederate heritage. Wouldn't put it past him. Would get YUGE cheers.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Does he pardon Sheriff Joe at his Arizona rally?

Machine Head likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He'll keep going down that road. His whole presidential personality is built on that, from not needing the briefers daily to knowing more than the generals. Even if it ruins him, by Tebow he's got the biggest hands in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.